Amla is an important ingredient that is used in Ayurvedic products, cosmetic products, medicine industry and food industry. Amla trees grow up to 30 feet high and it bears a spherical fruit which is light green in color, smooth and hard on appearance. The fruit is sour and tangy in taste and is used to make juice, jams and also for skin products.
These are planted through the seeds and require proper sunlight and fertilized soil to grow. The tree starts growing after the seven years of planting. The amla tree mostly found in the plain and mountain regions all over the India. The amla is green in color and derives its name from the Sanskrit word Amlaki which means nectar of life. It is similar in appearance to the Indian gooseberry and due to similar fruit clusters, amla is also called Indian gooseberry.
Amla acts as the fighting agent as it is rich in vitamin C, iron, calcium and other antioxidants including phenols, flavonoids and tannins which are beneficial for the health. Amla contains 3000 milligrams of vitamin C which is 20 times more as compared to the vitamin present in orange. Vitamin C also helps to get rid of excessive free radicals like other antioxidants and protect us from the degenerative diseases. It fights against many problems like inflammation, cancer, skin problem, hair problem, diabetes, asthma, weight loss and much more.
Health Benefits of Amla (Indian Gooseberry)
- Fight the Common Cold: To take amla juice during the cold is a good home made remedy to fight with the cold and cough. Amla is rich in vitamin C that is absorbed by the body very easily as compare to other supplements available in the market. For this remedy, you have to take two tablespoons of amla powder and mix it with two tablespoons of honey. Take the mixture two to three times a day to get the relief when you are caught by cold and cough. You should also consume the mixture once daily for your protection because it does not have any side effect.
- Burn Fat: This is one of the best and most exciting benefits of amla. It is rich in proteins that help you to prevent from greed. If you drink a glass of amla juice before having food every day, it fills up your stomach and makes you eat less. Amla is also available in dried form, you can pop some pieces in your mouth when hunger strikes. This helps you in controlling the hunger and also promote weight loss. The protein present in amla also helps in boosting the metabolism. If your metabolism is better, you start burning more fat and your weight loss process gets accelerated.
- Improve Eye Sight: The antioxidant carotene and vitamin C present in amla help in improving the vision. Other benefits of amla for the eyes are, it soothes tired eyes, strengthens the eye muscles, Redding and watering of the eyes. To keep your eyes healthy and vision intact, drink amla juice every day.
- For Beautiful hair: Hair is an extension of woman’s personality and everyone desire to have long, healthy shiny and strong hair. Amla offers lots of benefits to your hair and scalp. One of the reasons behind the hair breakage is the deficiency of vitamin C. And consuming amla is one of the easiest ways to refill your body with the essential vitamin. Amla is also rich in antioxidant that keeps the follicles and hair healthy by fighting against the damage-causing free radicals.
- Boost Immunity: The immune system protects the body against the various infections as it forms various antibodies that fight against the germs. There are some food, nutrients and herbs that enhance the immune system and amla is considered as one of them. The antibacterial and astringent properties of amla help you to fight against the various infections and boost the immune system. Amla also strengthens the liver and helps in the removal of toxins from the body. This is a versatile and powerful antioxidant that protects the body against all types of cancer.
- Works as An Anti- Aging: Drinking of amla juice regularly delay your aging process and keeps you young. Amla is considered as the best anti aging food because it is rich in vitamin C and works as an antioxidant. It controls your blood pressure, maintains the level of cholesterol, cure skin problems, improves eyesight, control sugar level and prevent many diseases. Vitamin C, when combined with vitamin E, helps to protect skin against ultraviolet rays.
Amla Oil Benefits
Amla oil is not extracted from the tree it is made by drenching the amla fruit in the oil. You can use the oil like; coconut oil, sesame oil or mineral oil to make the amla oil. Amla oil is a good source of healthy hair growth because it is rich in antioxidants and nutrients like vitamin A, C, Iron, potassium, magnesium and calcium. Amla oil has lots of health benefits as it is a great source of antioxidant.
One of the benefits of amla oil is that it prevents tumorous cell growth. This also helps in improving brain health as it is a rich source of vitamin and minerals. The potassium present in the amla oil helps the body to boost the nervous system and improve the blood circulation. Amla oil is also beneficial in improving skin health, prevents aging, prevents constipation and anemia.
Amla Juice Health Benefits
Amla juice is considered as a healthy drink as it contains vitamin C and other nutrients like iron which has lots of beauty and health benefits. This is a powerful home remedy to treat cold, cough, eye problems, hair problems and skin problems. You can take amla juice with other ingredients to get rid of different problems. If you take two tablespoons of amla juice with the equal amount of honey every day, it helps in treating cold and cough. And if you mix two tablespoons of amla powder in water and gargle with it twice a day, this helps you to get rid of mouth ulcers. Amla juice treats many diseases and does not have any side effects as this a gift of nature.