Have you thought about the amount of toxins that are present in your body? The food you eat, the water you drink, the air you breathe – they all have toxins that get into your system. Plus the body produces certain toxins as well. As times passes, these harmful substances accumulate and can cause many different health issues, including headaches, acne, bad breath, body odor, muscle aches, digestive problems, weakened immunity, digestive problems, etc. The good news is that you can detoxify your body yourself. The trick is to find home remedies for detoxification, and you will find plenty of them!
Here is a look at some of the best home remedies for detoxification:
The phytochemicals present in raw fruits and vegetables boost hormone metabolism and the immune system and reduce blood pressure. They are also known to regulate the detoxification enzymes in the body. Juices extracted from green veggies are superb in particular as they contain chlorophyll, which is effective in eliminating cancer-related toxins. Raw juices are excellent detoxifiers because they are more digestible than whole fruits and veggies.
- Drink 1 glass of raw fruit or vegetable juice 2 to 3 times a day.
- You could also replace one meal of the day with raw juice.
- Drink 5 to 6 glasses of raw juice daily for a few days for a juice fast.
- You can also make a juice blend by juicing 1 small apple, 1 beet, 4 carrots, 1 small cucumber, 4 celery stalks and half a lemon.
Because it is loaded with antioxidants, green tea is highly effective in eliminating free radicals from the body. It contains a potent antioxidant called epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) that may help in protecting the liver from toxic damage. It is also promotes the repair of DNA and regulates inflammation.
- Drink 2 to 3 cups of green tea every day.
- Green tea extract supplements are also a great option – recommended dosage is 100 to 750 mg a day.
You can make a detox drink with licorice root to cleanse your body of all the chemical contaminants in your system. Licorice root tea helps in curbing sugar cravings. This is important as sugar often impedes detoxification efforts. Additionally, it has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, expectorant, anti-allergic, soothing and immune-boosting properties.
- Drink 1 cup of licorice root tea every day for a couple of days.
- Add 1 tablespoon of crushed licorice root and 1 teaspoon of ground fresh ginger to 1 ½ cups of boiling hot water.
- Let it simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Strain the solution and add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and then stir.
- Drink 1 cup of this tea daily for a few days:
Do not take excessive amounts of licorice root as it may result in side effects such as increased sodium retention and blood pressure. If you currently have high blood pressure, do not drink more than 1 cup a day.
Known for its healing and medicinal properties, turmeric is also an amazing natural detoxifier. It purifies the blood, detoxifies the liver, and boosts colon and lung health as well. Turmeric is also known to have antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-cancerous properties.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder, juice from 1 lemon, 1 pinch of cayenne pepper and a bit of honey to 1 cup of warm water. Drink this mixture once a day for a couple of days or weeks.
- You can also boil 2 cups of water and add ½ a teaspoon each of turmeric powder and dry ginger powder.
- After bringing to a boil, allow it to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Strain and then add fresh juice from half a lemon and 1 tablespoon of pure maple syrup.
- Drink this every day or a few times a week for 2 to 3 weeks.
Due to its diuretic and liver-detoxifying properties, dandelion root tea is one of the best homemade detoxifiers. It cleanses the kidneys and bladder and provides relief from a number of issues, including constipation, upset stomach and water retention, and also improves bile flow. Dandelion root is also rich in nutrients such as Vitamin B and C, calcium, iron, potassium and magnesium, which help absorption of minerals and reduce inflammation.
- Boil 2 teaspoons of dried dandelion root in 1 cup of water.
- Turn the heat off, put a lid on the cup and allow it to steep for 10 minutes or so.
- Drink this 2 times a day – 1 cup in the morning and 1 in the evening, for a couple of days or a few weeks.
Note: If you gallbladder issues or gallstones, you should consult your doctor before using this herb.
This is another great ingredient for natural detox remedies. Lemons are rich in Vitamin C and antioxidants that strengthen the immune system. The peels also contain d-limonene, an anti-oxidant that has been found to activate enzymes in the liver – the organ that helps flush out toxic compounds and other harmful substances from the body.
- Squeeze the juice from 1 lemon and add to 1 cup of warm water. Drink this every morning on an empty stomach until you notice an improvement in your health.
- You can also mix ½ cup of lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper and 1 tablespoon of honey in a cup of hot water. Drink this mixture once a day for a couple of weeks.
Epsom Salt Bath
Epsom salts contain magnesium, which is why an Epsom salt bath can increase the level of magnesium in your body. This mineral is vital for detoxifying cells. It also helps flush out metals from the body. Epsom salts also boost the functioning of many enzymes as well as immunity. An Epsom salt bath can also alleviate body aches and pains.
- Mix 1 to 2 cups of Epsom salt in a bathtub with warm water.
- Soak in the bath for 15 minutes or so.
- Repeat 3 times a week for best results.
If you suffer from heart problems or high blood pressure, it may be better to avoid Epsom salt baths.
Detoxifying your body is important for maintaining health and these home remedies can help flush out harmful substances from your body. They also help boost immunity and energy levels, fight fatigue, improve metabolism, decrease allergies and nourish your body with essential nutrients. If you want to eliminate toxins from your body, get started on these remedies and keep health issues at bay!