2Diarrhea is caused when the digestive system is not functioning properly due to the increase in the frequency of bowel movement. Some symptoms that indicate the diarrhea are weight loss, fever, regular vomiting, etc. Many times people used to eat some food that are not digested by the body and this results in diarrhea. It can be chronic and acute and both have different causes and treatments. Acute diarrhea is due to the food you eat and causes food poisoning, bacterias and constipation. Chronic diarrhea includes any of problem such as inflammatory bowel diseases, diabetic diarrhea, etc. Diarrhea is a serious problem as it may cause dehydration. There are lots of home remedies to get rid of diarrhea.
Home Remedies for Diarrhea
- Drink Water Continuously: Water is essential for life as it treats many health and beauty problems. The harmful bacterias that cause diarrhea discard water, vitamins and mineral leaves from the body. The nutrients in the digestive track are thrown out of the and there is also a significant loss of water. Hence the people who are suffering from diarrhea should have to take at least 10 glasses of water a day to prevent the dehydration. Coconut oil is also good for treating dehydration caused by diarrhea. It boosts blood circulation and maintain the proper pH level in the body.
- Ginger: Ginger is very helpful to get rid of stomach problem and also helps in fighting nausea and inflammation. You just need to take a small piece of ginger and grate it well and mix a tablespoon of honey in it and eat the mixture. Its taste is strong, but avoid drinking water for the fast relief. This is one of the best home remedy and also less time consuming.
- Have Yogurt: Diarrhea is caused by the increased number of harmful bacteria in your intestine. You have to refill the well bacterias in your intestine to get rid of diarrhea. Yogurt is the traditional home remedy that has been used for treating diarrhea by reproducing beneficial bacterias in your intestine. This is the most effective remedy as this treat diarrhea two times faster as compare to any medicine. You should also add some spices to the yogurt for the best result, i.e. cumin seeds and fenugreek seeds. You just need to add two tablespoons of power of each with the yogurt and eat at least two times or more a day.
- Avoid Dairy Products and certain other food: If you are not able to digest food properly, you need to drink boiled water and also avoid the food which irritates the bowel movement. You should have to stop having dairy products like; milk, cheese, etc. You also need to avoid high fiber food, spicy, oily and fruit juice. Try to eat light food and oil free food which is easy to digest.
- Chamomile Tea: This tea is best to get the relief from the pain due to diarrhea. This is good to have chamomile tea because this is very helpful to calm the inflammatory part of the digestive system and help in stopping diarrhea. Boil the tea in hot water for a few minutes and add some lemon juice to get a better taste.
- Switch to BRAT Diet: While suffering from diarrhea it is necessary, what to eat or not. Banana, Rice, Apple and Toast are good to eat because these are extremely low in dietary fiber. They also provide essential energy to intestine to work. Banana is rich in potassium and mineral which controls the fluid balance in the body. Boiled white rice are low fiber carbohydrate and gives energy needed by the body. Apple contains a component called pectin which is a soluble fiber and soaks the excess fluid from the body.
- Lemon Juice: Lemon juice is a great source to kill the harmful bacteria in your intestine. The acetic property in the lemon juice helps to restore the pH balance in our body. Taking fresh juice helps to kill the pathogens and gives relief from diarrhea. Add pinch of salt and sugar in lemon juice and take 2 to 3 times a day will help to get rid of diarrhea.
- Cayenne Pepper and Cinnamon: The combination of both helps in tightening the bowels and prevents diarrhea. Boil cayenne pepper and cinnamon in two cups of water fro 30 minutes and take half cup of this solution over 30 minutes per day. You should continue taking this until you get complete relief from the diarrhea.
- Raspberry Leaf: These leaves are used to make herbal tea and this herbal tea is good home remedy for the diarrhea. This is also beneficial because help to prevent dehydration caused by diarrhea. You should need to put the dried leaves in the cup and add some hot water in it and heat for 10 minutes and strain the solution. Drink solution regularly to get rid of diarrhea.