While it is important to be comfortable with your skin color, wouldn’t it be nice to know how you can have fair skin if you wanted it? The market today is inundated with fairness products of all kinds that promise to lighten your skin but a great number of them are filled with harmful chemicals that may cause damage to your skin in the long run. If you want fair, radiant skin, your best option is to use home remedies. These remedies are natural and safe and give you the results you desire.
Best Home Remedies to Lighten Your Skin
Here are some of the top home remedies to give you fair and glowing skin:
When it comes to skin lightening tips, you will find that lemon is always a key ingredient. This is due to the fact that it is one of the most effective skin-lightening remedies. Lemon contains components that bleach the skin and also reduce pimples, dark spots and blemishes. It also contains Vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant helps in fighting free radical damage. If you want fair skin that is clear of any blemishes, lemon is the best natural remedy.
How to Use:
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice and apply on to the areas you want to lighten.
- Leave it on for 10 minutes.
- Wash off thoroughly with cool water.
- Repeat every alternate day until you see results.
Note: Remember that you must avoid exposure to the sun when using lemon to lighten your skin. It can also irritate cuts and wounds so you need to be careful as well. If you have sensitive skin, mix equal amounts of water to the lemon juice to dilute it before applying it on your skin.
Turmeric is an important ingredient in Ayurvedic medicine as it contains powerful medicinal properties. It is also considered one of the best home remedies for fair skin. Turmeric helps in evening out the skin tone, making it brighter. It also eliminates free radicals that cause damage to the skin and improves skin elasticity. Want a tried and true natural remedy for fair skin? Try turmeric – it is sure to work wonders.
How to Use:
- Mix 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder and 3 teaspoons of fresh lemon or lime juice.
- Combine the two ingredients well to form a paste.
- Apply the paste to the areas you want to lighten.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes and then rinse off well with water.
- Repeat 2 to 3 times a week for best results.
Note: If you have sensitive skin, add a bit of water to the paste to dilute it. Also, remember that turmeric can stain your clothes so be careful while applying it.
As you know, milk has many benefits and lightening the skin to give you fair, bright skin is one of them. It is a gentle ingredient that does wonders for the skin. Milk contains natural enzymes that are effective in lightening your skin and evening out your skin tone. A great thing about this home remedy is that you always have milk at home, so it is always readily available.
How to Use:
- Mix 1 tablespoon of milk and 1 teaspoon of honey to make a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste all over your face and other areas you want to lighten.
- Massage it in using gentle circular motions.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Rinse off thoroughly with water.
- Repeat once every day.
Note: If you have dry skin, use full cream milk. For oily skin, low-fat milk is best.
When it comes to getting fair skin, nothing works quite as well as tomatoes. They contain lycopene, a compound that helps in instantly reducing pigmentation. They also reduce tan, lighten the skin tone and remove dead skin cells. This home remedy is excellent as your skin benefits in many ways, and you get the fair skin you desire in no time at all.
How to Use:
- Blend 1 or 2 tomatoes and 2 teaspoon of lemon juice to make a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste all over your face and other areas and leave on for 20 minutes.
- Wash off with cool water.
- Repeat every day before your bath or shower.
Fruits are known to work miracles on the skin and can make it clear and radiant. If you want to lighten your skin and make it healthy and glowing, a fruit pack may be the perfect home remedy. For this remedy, you will need avocado which has a rich fat content to nourish your skin, papaya that contains enzymes to help in lightening your skin and cucumber to soothe it. With these three ingredients, you can have fair, flawless skin in just a few weeks.
How to Use:
- Mix the pulp of an avocado, a small papaya and half a cucumber.
- Mash the ingredients properly and then add 2 teaspoons of milk cream.
- Mix well to form a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste all over your face and other areas.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Rinse off thoroughly with warm water.
- Repeat once a week for quick and noticeable results.
Note: If you have oily or combination skin, use Fuller’s earth (multani mitti) instead of the milk cream.
Papaya is rich in papain, an enzyme that is known to help in exfoliating the skin which in turn allows new skin cells to emerge. It is also a good source of Vitamin C, an antioxidant that rejuvenates the skin, fights free radical damage and makes the skin firm and supple. If you want a skin-lightening home remedy that uses the goodness of fruits, papaya is the best one for you.
How to Use:
- Peel and slice a green papaya and blend it to make a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste on your skin and leave on for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with warm water.
- Apply this paste 2 times a week.
Home remedies for fair skin may take longer than products in stores to give you the results you want, but they are safer and more effective in the long term. They also save you quite a bit of money! If you want to lighten your skin, try these natural remedies – you are sure to find one that works perfectly and gives you fair skin that glows with health.