Have you always wanted to have thick, well-shaped eyebrows? Everyone does! Waxing, over-plucking and threading can make your eyebrows thin and look unattractive. Eyebrows can also thin because of nutritional deficiencies, the aging process, medical conditions like alopecia areata, eczema and hypothyroidism or poor cosmetic application. No matter why you have thin eyebrows, you will be glad to know that there are natural ways to make your eyebrows grow thick and beautiful.
Here is a look at some of the best natural ways to grow eyebrows:
Your hair needs an environment where it can grow properly. This means you need to keep your skin nourished and hydrated. This is where Vaseline comes in. It is known for creating a sealing barrier and locking in moisture. This in turn promotes healthy hair growth and also helps in speeding up the natural recovery process of your skin.
- Clean and dry the skin on your brow area.
- Apply Vaseline on your eyebrows 3 to 4 times a day.
- Repeat every day until you notice your eyebrows growing thicker.
Like Vaseline, oil promotes the growth of hair by creating a barrier that helps in locking in moisture. It also effectively boosts circulation and stimulates cellular metabolism, which in turn boost the growth of hair. You can use any oil for this treatment. Some of the best choices are castor oil, coconut oil, olive oil and jojoba oil.
- Apply the oil of your choice on your brows before going to bed.
- Leave it on overnight to let it do its work.
- Wash your face and moisturize as usual the next morning.
- Repeat this daily until your eyebrows have grown as thick as you desire.
Eyebrow hair is made up of keratin protein, and as you know, eggs are a great source of protein. This is why it can help in improving the health of your hair and promote growth. This in turn will help your eyebrow hair grow thick. If you want a natural remedy to help grow your eyebrows, simply look to your refrigerator for the ingredient you need.
- Separate the yolk of 1 egg from the white.
- Beat the yolk until it becomes thick and creamy.
- Dip a cotton swab in the yolk and apply it on your eyebrows.
- Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Wash off with cold water.
- Repeat 1 or 2 times a week until you see the desired result.
Sound strange? Well, you will find that onion juice is a great natural treatment to promote hair growth. It is rich in B and C vitamins, minerals, sulfur and selenium – all of which are excellent nutrients for the growth of hair. Sulfur helps in improving the production of collagen tissues necessary for denser and faster eyebrow growth and in strengthening the hair follicles.
- Chop 1 onion and make a paste by blending it.
- Strain to obtain the juice.
- Apply the onion juice on your eyebrows with a Q-tip.
- Leave it on for 1 hour.
- Dilute a bit of lemon juice and soak a cotton ball with it to remove the onion juice. Lemon juice helps eliminate the pungent smell of the onion juice.
- Repeat every alternate day.
Fenugreek seeds, also known as Methi seeds, is known for its ability to make hair look shiny and healthy. They rebuild hair follicles which in turn promotes the growth of new hair. These seeds also contain proteins and nicotinic acids that boost hair growth. They also have lecithin that makes hair shiny and strong.
- Soak fenugreek seeds overnight in water.
- Grind them in the morning to make a smooth paste and apply it to your eyebrows.
- Leave it on for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water.
- Use this remedy 2 times a week for effective results.
Aloe vera is known for being a superb natural treatment for a wide range of skin and health conditions. But did you know that it can help with hair growth too? This magical plant contains aloenin, a compound that promotes hair growth. It is also great for getting rid of excess oil and sebum and opening up follicular pores, thereby stimulating hair growth in the eyebrows. If you want thick eyebrows, aloe vera is one of the best natural ingredients to help you achieve this.
- Scoop the gel out of an aloe vera leaf.
- Massage it into your eyebrows until your skin absorbs it.
- Leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes and then rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat 2 times a day until you notice that your eyebrows are becoming thicker.
- Or, mix ½ teaspoon of fresh aloe vera gel and a little coconut oil or honey to make a paste.
- Apply it to your eyebrows and leave on for 30 minutes.
- Rinse off with water.
- Do this once a day for a couple of weeks until you get the results you desire.
Did you know that milk can help make your eyebrows grow thicker? Milk contains protein and a number of other essential nutrients that provide nourishment to the hair roots and improve the growth of hair. It also contains fatty acids that hydrate your skin and promote hair growth.
- Pour a bit of whole milk into a small bowl.
- Dip a cotton ball and rub the milk on your eyebrows gently.
- Leave it on until it dries naturally.
- Rinse it off with warm water.
- Repeat as often as you need to get the desired result.
Your eyebrows are an important part of your appearance and it is only natural that you want them to be thick and beautiful. If you are not blessed with thick, dark eyebrows, do not worry. You can use the natural treatments above to get the eyebrows you have always desired and boost your confidence once more.