Toothache starts when the central part of the tooth becomes inflamed or swollen. The central region of the tooth has sensitive nerves, which become irritated or inflamed because of several reasons. If you are suffering from a toothache, it is imperative on your part to consult a dentist before it worsens. You can also try natural remedies to alleviate pain, which do not have any kind of negative effects. Here are a couple of natural remedies to treat toothache naturally at home.
Natural Remedies to Treat Toothache
Salt and Pepper
When you mix pepper and salt together, it becomes a powerful combination to relieve toothache temporarily. Both the ingredients have anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antibacterial properties.
- Take equal common salt and pepper in equal proportion. Use a little water to make a thick paste.
- Use this paste on the affected area and leave it there for a couple of minutes.
The medicinal properties of garlic are well known and it can give you instant relief from toothache. Garlic is antibiotic and used in several ways to treat body ailments.
- Take 2 to 3 cloves of garlic, crush it and mix it with common salt. Apply this mixture on the tooth to decrease the pain.
- You can also chew the garlic cloves to get relief from pain.
- You need to repeat this treatment for a few days until you get complete relief from pain.
People use cloves and its oil to get relief from toothache. Cloves have anesthetic properties to decrease your toothache instantly. You will feel less pain after using it. It also has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties to decrease the swelling of the affected tooth.
- Take 2-3 cloves and grind it properly. Mix it with mustard oil or olive oil, and then apply to the affected tooth.
- You can also use clove oil for toothache. Put a few drops of olive oil on a cotton ball and rub it on the affected area.
- Put a few drops of clove oil in a glass of water and use this water as mouth wash.
Onion is a common spice and has antimicrobial and antiseptic properties to treat the toothache. It controls the infection by killing the germs responsible for causing an infection.
- When you have a toothache, chew raw onion and within minutes, you will feel relief in the pain.
- If you cannot chew it, then keep it directly on the affected tooth.
You can treat simple dental problems like bleeding gums and toothache with the use of asafetida.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of asafetida powder and a little amount of lemon juice; mix it together. You have to warm this mixture slightly and apply on the affected tooth. This simple home remedy will give you instant relief from pain.
- You can fry asafetida in clarified butter and put this mixture in the tooth cavity. You will get quick relief from pain.
Warm Water with Salt
Do you know that a glass of warm water with salt will decrease your toothache?
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of table salt and mix it in a glass of hot water.
- Use this solution to clean your mouth thoroughly.
- It will decrease the swelling of the affected area and salt will fight the bacteria responsible for causing the infection.
Fresh guava leaves are also good in decreasing toothache as they have analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties. They also have antimicrobial properties to fight the bacterial infection.
- Take to 2-3 tender guava leaves and chew them. Keep the chewed leaves on the affected tooth and soon you will find the difference in the pain.
- For relieving toothache, you can also use the raw spinach in the same way.
- You can make you powerful remedy by boiling five guava leaves in water. Let the solution cool down, use it when it is warm enough, but bearable. To increase its power you can add common salt to it.
- This mixture can be used as a mouthwash.
You can fight tooth decay by using wheatgrass juice. It is a natural remedy and has excellent antibacterial properties. You can use the wheatgrass extract as mouthwash also.
- Wheatgrass juice will control the growth of bacteria and remove the toxins from the gums.
- You can also chew wheatgrass to get the same benefits.