The antioxidant dietary supplement is very beneficial to health because they protect your body cell from damage. These substances mostly come from the fresh fruit and vegetable and are important for health. All the fruits and vegetables are rich in nutrients, protein, vitamins and antioxidants necessary for the living organisms. The human body produces some free radical or cellular by products and antioxidants. These free radicals in excess cause damage to our body and hence antioxidants are necessary because they help our body to fight with them to protect from the diseases. If we continuously take these antioxidant supplements with diet it benefits a lot and prevents our body from any damage. These antioxidants are present in a wide range and provide benefits to the different part of a body. They include vitamin C and E, lutein, catechins, flavonoids etc., which are found in fruits, food and supplements. These antioxidant food supplements also provide an anti-aging mechanism; hence it is the crucial tool to stay eternally young. Some health benefits of eating antioxidant food and supplements are listed below:
Health Benefits of Antioxidants
- Prevent from Heart Diseases: Person who eats plenty of fruits and vegetable containing antioxidants has a low risk of any heart diseases. There are many foods which are rich in antioxidants and beneficially for our heart. Tea and wine are also considered as the good source to keep the heart healthy as both contain flavonoids antioxidant.
- Protect Your DNA: Free radical are responsible for the damage to DNA in cells and cause them to reproduce uncontrollably and may result in cancer disease. If you eat lots of fruits and vegetable containing the antioxidant, then you have the low risk for all this kind of diseases. Those who consume lots of tomatoes and cooked tomatoes has less chance of prostate cancer. The carotenoids are considered beneficial for the human body to fight cancer.
- Skin Health Benefits: To consume healthier antioxidant food and supplement is good for the skin. Antioxidants are rich in vitamins, minerals and protein that protect your skin from damaging the effect of the sun. The antioxidant protects your skin from inside by protecting your cells from damage. Vitamin A and C present in the antioxidant improve the cells and tissue growth. The antioxidant prevent cell, are helpful in anti-aging regimen as they help skin to protect wrinkle. The antioxidant resveratrol is a powerful one and helps in keeping the skin healthier.
- Immune System Support: The dietary supplement you take every day plays an important role in strengthening your immune system. There must be a balance between the vitamins and minerals and normal sleep pattern is important for the healthy immune system. Vitamin A, C, D, E, B6, Iron, zinc, selenium, folic acid all are necessary for your immune system to perform. Leafy green vegetable and food that are high in compounds such as; carrot, pumpkin etc. are the good source of vitamin A. The Carotenoids present in the antioxidant food have an antioxidant effect that strengthens the immune system against infection.
- Save Your Eye Sight: There are several reasons of failing eyesight in adults and this impact the life a lot. Adding certain nutrients to our everyday diet improve our vision. The food rich in nutrients lutein and zeaxanthin can reduce the risk of eye diseases. The eye diseases are often caused by oxidation and inflammation of the eyes. The food containing beta carotene, zinc, omega 3 fatty acids and vitamin c and E is good for the age-related eye diseases. Beta-carotene helps the retina and other parts of the eye to function properly.
- Decrease the Oxidative Stress: Oxidative stress plays an important role in the development of harmful diseases. Antioxidant helps us to maintain the balance between the production of free radical and the antioxidant defences and prevent the cause of oxidation process. Eating food that is high in antioxidants such as tomatoes, beets etc. is better for oxidation and prevent oxidative stress.
- Helps in Hair Growth: Incorporating antioxidants into the diet is also beneficial for the hair growth. Sun and pollution cause oxidation and damage our hair and stop the growth of hair. To prevent hair from damage and keep them healthy it is necessary to consume proper antioxidant food. Antioxidants present in the food, fruits and vegetables neutralize the free radicals to keep hair healthy and strong. The antioxidants are very beneficial for the hair as they prevent hair loss, stimulate new healthy hair.
- Help in Preventing from Cancer: The free radicals in excess amount are dangerous to the body and damage all the major components of cells. The damage caused by free radicals to DNA play a major role in the development of cancer and other diseases. Antioxidants food helps to prevent the damage to the cell as they neutralize the free radicals. These dietary antioxidant supplements can help in lowering the risk of developing cancer in human body.
- Boost Brain Function: The food rich in nutrients and vitamins not only benefit your body but also beneficial for the brain. Healthy food containing nutrients such as; vitamin E, omega-3 fatty acid and flavonoids have the ability to boost your mind.
- Improve Your Lungs Capability: Lungs are important body part working with other organs and tissues present in the body and help in breathing. To keeps lungs healthy is important as cells in the body need oxygen to live and prevent these cells from any damage is necessary. The antioxidant carotenoid is beneficial for our body because they lower the risk of developing lung cancer.