Who on the face of the earth does not want to look younger? People around the world take weird treatments to reduce the age signs on their face. These weird treatments include snail facials, Botox and placenta facials to name a few. Nature has several wonderful home remedies for glowing skin, but the irony is people still look forward to chemical treatments. This article will tell you how to rejuvenate your skin, moisturize and enhance its firmness with reducing aging signs.
Top 5 Home Remedies for Glowing Skin
1. Lemon Juice Will Reduce Age Spots
Lemon is full of vitamin C, which is a well-known antioxidant. For ages, people have been using it to remove age spots and freckles on the face. It is beneficial for overall skin complexion. Its bleaching action is well known. The citric acid will remove the dead skin cells and enhance the cell renewal process.
- You can apply lemon juice directly on your face and leave it for 15 minutes for drying.
- Take one teaspoon of lemon juice and the same amount of milk cream and egg white. Mix it properly, and then apply on your face. After 15 minutes, wash with cold water.
- Lemon juice when combined with honey becomes an excellent remedy for ageing skin. Mix equal proportions of lemon juice and honey and apply it on your skin. Leave it there for 20 minutes, then wash with warm water.
2. Coconut Milk for Moisturizing
Coconut milk has a good amount of vitamin C and minerals, which works as an excellent moisturizer for your skin. It keeps your skin soft and radiant.
- In order to get coconut milk you can grate raw coconut and squeeze it to get milk. Apply this milk directly on your face and after 20 minutes, you can wash it with warm water.
coconut milk for glowing skin
3. Papaya Enhances the Skin Firmness
Papaya has a lot of vitamin A which is good for eyes, it also has strong antioxidant properties. It is good for skin because of its papain content. Papain can remove the dead cells on the surface of your skin. This will increase the firmness of your skin.
- In order to make a papaya mask, take a couple of fully ripened papaya pieces and mash it to make a smooth paste.
- Leave this mask on your face for about 15-20 minutes, then wash with warm water.
papaya for glowing skin
4. Rose Water Will Tighten Skin
Rose water has good cleansing properties; it will clean clogged pores of your skin. Its astringent properties are well known, which will tighten the skin. This will reduce puffiness under the eyes and increase firmness.
- Take two spoons of rose water, half spoon of lemon juice and mix it with 4 drops of glycerin.
- Apply this mixture with cotton balls on your face every night before retiring to bed.
- Make another face pack with one teaspoon of rose water, honey and curd. To enhance its power, add mashed well-ripened banana.
- Apply this pack on your face and after 20 minutes, wash with water.
5. Curd and Cucumber Will Rejuvenate Your Skin
Cucumber is beneficial in reducing the dark circles under the eyes. It also has a soothing effect on your skin, which will keep your skin healthy and radiant. Lactic acid present in curd will exfoliate dead skin cells, this process will rejuvenate your skin.
- Take two spoons of grated cucumber and mix it with curd, then apply on your skin.
- You can wash your face with warm water after 20 minutes. Use this face pack twice a week for best results.
curd and cucumber mixture face pack
Other than using the above home remedies for glowing skin and to prevent ageing. It is also advised to eat nutrient dense diet like fruits and vegetables which have good amount of antioxidants, minerals, vitamins and omega-3 fatty acids.