Did you think acne attacks only the face? Not so. It can occur anywhere in your body, including your shoulders. Now that summer is around the corner, it will be time to wear sleeveless clothes soon. But how do you wear your favorite summer clothes with ugly, embarrassing acne on your shoulders? Well, get ready to take action as there are many simple home remedies you can use to get rid of shoulder acne. You can be ready for the summer and dare to bear your shoulders all season long!
Home Remedies for Shoulder Acne
Here is a look at some of the best home remedies to help you get rid of shoulder acne:
Lemon and Sugar Scrub
As you may know, lemon acts as a natural bleaching agent and because it is rich in Vitamin C, it is a great natural remedy for eliminating shoulder acne. The citrus fruit also contains a natural astringent that helps in drying out the inflammation that comes with acne, opening up clogged pores and brightening complexion. Sugar, on the other hand, is a superb natural exfoliant, removing dead skin cells as well as evening out skin tone.
- Cut 1 lemon into multiple slices.
- Cover them with sugar.
- Gently scrub your shoulders with the slices.
- Scrub for 2 to 3 minutes or until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Leave it on for 5 minutes and wipe with a clean wet towel or wash off with water.
Are you wondering how tomato juice could help with shoulder acne? Well, you may be surprised to know it is a great home remedy for this problem. The tomato is loaded with vitamins and minerals that do wonders for your skin. It contains lycopene which helps in increasing collagen and producing new skin cells. Tomato juice helps reduce inflammation brought on by acne.
- For severe acne, take 1 slice of fresh, organic tomato and make a puree.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of honey to the puree.
- Apply the mask on your shoulders and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Wash it off with water.
- For mild shoulder acne, mash 1/2 a tomato and 1/4 of an avocado.
- Mash the two ingredients together and mix well.
- Apply on the affected area and leave on for 10 minutes.
- Wash it off with water.
Apple Cider Vinegar
When it comes to skin problems, nothing works quite as well as apple cider vinegar. Rich in lactic and malic acid, it is effective in treating shoulder acne. Its acidic nature exfoliates the skin and balances the pH level as well. Apple cider vinegar also has antiseptic and antibacterial properties that make it a great natural treatment for this annoying skin problem.
- Mix raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar and water in a 1:3 ratio.
- Apply on the affected area.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes and then rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Additionally, mix 1 to 2 teaspoons of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar into 1 glass of water. Drink 1 or 2 times a day to get a little extra help with your problem.
Mint and Lemon
Looking for a remedy that smells and feels fresh? You will love this one! Mint juice contains menthol, which is a natural inflammatory agent that helps in reducing the pain and swelling that comes with acne. It cleanses the pores, controls excess oil and has antioxidant properties that fight different bacterial infections. Lemon juice contains citric acid that acts as a powerful astringent that not only eliminates acne but bleaches scars left by acne as well.
- Extract 2 teaspoons of fresh mint juice and 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice.
- Mix the two ingredients well in a bowl.
- Dip a cotton ball into the solution.
- Apply it on your shoulders and leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Repeat this every day before you take a shower.
If you have sensitive skin, you should use oatmeal to treat your shoulder acne. It has anti-inflammatory properties that reduce inflammation and cleanse the skin from the inside. For this remedy, you will need to use lemon juice and honey as well. As you already know, lemon works wonders for acne. Honey also treats this problem and opens up clogged pores and moisturizes the skin. Combined, these three ingredients make one of the best home remedies for shoulder acne.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of finely ground oatmeal and add a bit of lemon juice and honey.
- Mix them together properly in a bowl.
- Apply the mixture on the affected area and massage gently for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes and wash it off with water.
- Soak a cotton ball with apple cider vinegar and apply on the shoulder acne.
- Repeat once a day until your acne goes away.
You might want to use this remedy near a sink or in the bathroom as it can get a bit messy. It does work magic, though, so do give it a go!
Aloe Vera Gel
Chances are that you already know the powers of aloe vera, and you will be glad to know that it works wonders for shoulder acne. It has antifungal and astringent properties, making it superb for cleansing fungal infections, healing wounds and scars, and giving your baby soft skin. Aloe vera also has a cooling and soothing effect on the skin, which helps with the pain caused by acne.
- Take 1 teaspoon of aloe vera gel.
- After your shower, apply the gel all over the affected area.
- Allow it to dry naturally on your skin.
- You can leave it on to let it do its work and get rid of shoulder acne.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of aloe vera gel, 1/2 teaspoon of honey and a few drops of lemon juice.
- Apply the mixture on the affected area and leave on for 15 minutes.
- Wash off with water.
You do not have to worry about shoulder acne this summer with these simple yet amazing home remedies! Not only will you notice that the embarrassing problem is gone, but that your skin looks brighter and healthier too. Say goodbye to shoulder acne and welcome the new season with open arms!