Are you embarrassed by your stretch marks? You are not alone. Many men and women have stretch marks usually caused by sudden weight loss or weight gain, while some women have them after pregnancy. The good news is that there are a number of effective home remedies that can help you get rid of stretch marks. However, you should keep in mind that while these remedies can help lighten these blemishes or make them disappear completely, they do take time to work. With a bit of patience and strict discipline, you can get rid of your stretch marks over time with safe and natural treatments.
How to Get Rid of Stretch Marks Naturally
Here is a look at some of the best home remedies to help you reduce or get rid of stretch marks:
When it comes to stretch marks, one of the most effective natural remedies is egg whites. They contain proteins and amino acids that work wonders in lightening stretch marks and eventually eliminating them. This is a simple remedy that is easy to use and takes just a few minutes of your time.
- Whip the whites of 2 eggs in a bowl.
- Wipe the area with stretch marks with a clean, damp cloth.
- Apply a thick coat of the egg whites all over the affected area with a makeup brush.
- Leave the mask on until completely dry and then rinse off with cold water.
- After drying the area, apply olive oil to keep your skin moisturized.
- Repeat this every day for at least 2 weeks and you will see visible results.
Castor oil is a superb ingredient that is used in a number of home remedies for treating a wide range of skin issues, including pimples, signs of aging, etc. It is also excellent for removing stretch marks as it provides moisture and nourishment to the skin. You will need to use castor oil regularly and diligently to get the results you desire.
- Apply castor oil to the affected area and using gentle circular motions, massage it into your skin for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Wrap the area with a thin cotton cloth and then apply some heat with a heating pad or hot water bottle to the affected area for at least 30 minutes.
- Repeat the process once a day for at least 1 month to get positive results.
Lemon juice is another wonderful natural remedy for various skin conditions, including stretch marks. It contains almost everything you need to treat skin problems and make your skin healthier. Its acidic in nature, which makes it work effectively to heal and reduce stretch marks and other blemishes like scars.
- Cut out a thick slice of lemon and using circular motions, rub it gently on your stretch marks.
- Allow the juice to soak into your skin for 10 minutes and then wash off with warm water.
- Or, mix equal amounts of lemon juice and cucumber juice and apply on your stretch marks.
- Repeat these remedies every day until you see noticeable results.
Did you know that potato has properties that can lighten your skin? It also contains vitamins and minerals that support the growth and restoration of skin cells. If you use it on a regular basis to get rid of stretch marks naturally, you are sure to see some great results after a few weeks.
- Cut 1 medium-sized potato into thick slices.
- Take 1 slice and gently rub it on the affected area for a few minutes. Make sure that your stretch marks are covered with the potato juice.
- Allow it to dry and then wash off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat as often as you can on a regular basis and you will get positive results.
Almond and Coconut Oil
Almond oil is known to have many benefits for the skin. It provides the nourishment it needs to look and feel soft and supple. Coconut oil is also a superb moisturizer. When you combine these two oils together, they work to effectively reduce stretch marks, and over time, get rid of them completely.
- Mix equal amounts of almond oil and coconut oil.
- Massage the mixture gently on your stretch marks for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Leave it on for a while before washing it off. You can also leave it on to let it works its magic without washing it off.
- Repeat this daily until you get the results you desire.
Because it is an excellent natural exfoliate, apricot is another home remedy ingredient that works amazingly well to reduce stretch marks. Pure apricot oil is also known to have properties that rejuvenate the skin, making it ideal for treating stretch marks naturally. Plus, the fruit has a lovely aroma that will make you smell fresh and fruity!
- Make an apricot mask by crushing the fruit to make a paste.
- Apply the paste on the areas with stretch marks.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes and then wash it off with warm water.
- Use this apricot mask daily for 1 month to see results.
- You can also mix pure apricot oil with a little lemon juice and massage it on the affected areas. You will see great results after a couple of weeks.
Alfalfa leaves contain 8 essential amino acids that make skin healthy and radiant. They are also rich in Vitamins E and K and proteins, which are important nutrients for nourishing the skin. Using alfalfa not only works effectively for reducing stretch marks, but also helps in keeping it healthy and glowing.
- Form a smooth paste with some alfalfa powder and 3 to 4 drops of chamomile oil.
- Massage the paste all over your stretch marks.
- Leave it on until it is dry and then wash it off with water.
- Repeat 2 to 3 times a day for a few weeks for best results.
Stretch marks can make you feel self-conscious and affect your confidence. However, all is not lost as these home remedies work amazingly well to lighten or reduce stretch marks, if not get rid of them completely. These natural treatments will take some time to work, but you will definitely get the results you desire in a few weeks with regular use.